∞ TUBE DANCER ∞

Thursday, June 12, 2008

What's It All About?

Let's Dance, Say Shava Shava!

Tube Dancer is a dance blog featuring an eclectic collection of videos that are about dancing, and music videos that are good for dancing. My goal is to create a fun and useful field guide to dance related videos that can be found on Youtube and around the web. I encourage anyone who visits this site to take a little moment to give it up to the rhythm, step away from the computer and dance to the music! It's a good, healthy way to break up the web worker day.


Let's Dance music by David Bowie(remix)


The original music video of "Let's Dance" by David Bowie from the early 80's ironically features no dancing, so thankfully, Director Sam Akina and Director of Photography Ben Niles got together to produce an updated version of the song that includes a lot of great dancing.
Thanks benniles

The main source of the videos embedded on this site is Youtube, but other video hosts are also being referenced. I am not claiming ownership of any of the videos here, and do not claim responsibility for uploading them to the web. I am grateful to all the people around the world who are making the effort to share their video clips with the community, and I urge anyone visiting this site to take some time to check out the original uploader websites. There are many awe inspiring video collections on Youtube that are well worth exploring. Of course I am also deeply grateful for the brilliant people responsible for Youtube, Blogspot, Google, and all the other video hosts our there who are making all these cultural exchanges possible. If you discover some good dance music on the site, make sure to track down the artist and buy some of their stuff!


Dancing With Myself music video by Billy Idol

Thanks DannyVicious

I'm not focusing on any particular dance style and will try to feature examples of every type of dancing that I can think of. It's a huge subject and a ridiculous challenge that only a true ignoramus would attempt. I am not an expert on dance and have no educational background on the history or theory of dancing. I am also one of the world's worst dancers and I'm in awe of the people who can actually dance. It's all just for fun, and I hope it's fun for people to browse through the archives. Any commentary that I include with the videos should be taken with a grain of salt, because I speak with no authority and have no idea what I'm talking about.

I am not trying to be a dance critic. I can tell that some people are better dancers than others and I appreciate excellent choreography, but in no way am I pretending to be even slightly knowledgeable. This is more of a random scrapbook about dancing. Amateur and professional dancers will all be sharing the same stage here. I have the greatest respect for every dancer will try to include as many examples and variations as I can find. As far as I am concerned, "it's all good!"


Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham- Say Shava Shava ( With Extra )

Thanks usmaandin

If anybody happens to read this and knows of some great dance music or an interesting example of dancing, I would love to hear from you. If you have any suggestions or know of any good dance videos that you've seen on line, it would be great if you could send me a link. If anyone spots any mistakes or inaccurate reporting, please consider taking a moment to let me know so I can fix it. (alarthur+tubedancer@gmail.com)

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the videos. Feel free to step away from the computer at any time, and dance around the room. The posts labeled as Dance Mixes are playlists that will automatically play a whole set of songs that you can dance to. OK, let's dance!