∞ TUBE DANCER ∞

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dance Fans Love Youtube

Addicted to YouTube dance clips

I'm happy to learn that I'm not the only person who is obsessively watching dance videos on Youtube. Caroline Miller, director of Dance UK wrote a piece today in the Guardian about her secret addiction to watching dance videos on Youtube. Well, I'm sure Caroline knows a lot more about what she is looking at than I do, and she embedded a few great dance videos into her story.

"I'm a dance fan and I've got a guilty secret. YouTube. It's literally changed my life and my sleeping habits.

I've spent 36 years watching live dance performances but I could never fill the gaps of the shows and dancers that I was too young to have seen or which happened abroad, or I just plain missed. Each time a dance critic would compare a contemporary artist to one from history I would wince with jealousy that I could not make a similar judgment myself.

One quick peruse for dance on YouTube though, over a year ago, brought up such a treasure trove that a 10-minute peek online turned into eight hours of obsessive viewing, taking me through to the first light of dawn ... and I've never looked back.

YouTube is an unbelievable resource if you enjoy dance as an artform. It's a library, an encyclopaedia, an international dance tour guide, the talent spotter's delight and an information forum."


(LINK to Guardian story)

Here's one of Caroline's picks. It's totally gorgeous!
Play Full Window

Amelia Lalala Human Steps
Thanks mdugnani